Making our API flow beautiful for others to see. Using all available tech tools to bring our fintech infrastructure to life. This role will be multidimensional and exciting, but also a bit testing.
We’re looking for a junior to mid-level front end or full-stack web developer to get involved in a few different project executions that are on the go.
- As a front-end developer in the team, you’ll be responsible for developing (and upgrading) the front-end for our new and existing products.
- You’ll be using API’s we have designed as a team to build out smooth user journeys.
- You’ll use component libraries and user journey wireframes to design dynamic multi-tenant user journeys across different products.
- You’ll work on small internal projects, as well as large corporate-client projects.
- Vue.js experience (2 years preferably)
- React experience (2 years preferably)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team, take feedback and produce an excellent quality of work.
- Figma and/or Miro Experience
- Must be able to self manage
- Must be a proactive individual
Why are we hiring a Front End Developer?
Finch Tech started off as Fincheck. We were just a marketplace a few years ago. After we noticed the massive funnel drop-off that happened at the point of document collection, we went down the path of developing Gathr. This opened up a ton of opportunities for us, and all of a sardine, we were a technology provider. Our strategy shifted away from running marketplaces (we’d acquired FundingHub by then) and Finch Technologies was born. Up until now, we have had an individual in a management position who is a ‘technical product owner’. He has guided technology goals and managed the technical team, alongside a senior developer who has provided technical oversight. We have done a great job at building out the technology stack with limited resources. We’re now at the point in our company growth where we need someone to own the technology side of our business as their own – and that’s why we’re here
Not for you? How about something else?
Culture and not the type that comes in your kombucha.
Working with balance
We work hard, but value life outside the office too. Get your work done, have a good time while doing. Balance is key
Working Hours and Place
There are no ‘fixed’ work hours, but a certain level of output is expected. We believe in being in the office for collaborative work, but team members can hunker down at home or a coffee shop for focus.
We believe in facilitating internal growth before looking to hire externally. If we’re doing this correctly, you should be interviewing for your junior within a year or two.
As a small team, you often have a finger in a few different pies. That means everyone is aware what everyone else is working on. We have weekly team catch-up’s which keep everyone in the loop
We’re chilled out people. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. On a typical day, there’s music going in the office and we sit around a coffee table that has some surf mags on it and eat lunch.
Getting it done
We pride ourselves on using resources efficiently. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team you will likely be put out of your comfort zone from time to time. You will be given the opportunity to push yourself and to do more.