About Finch Technologies
Finch Technologies is a leading financial technologies group that builds solutions for companies operating in developing countries. Our mission is to power financial access in Africa with scalable, flexible, and modular technology that enables every company to offer fintech products in a digital ecosystem.
One of our leading solutions in the South African market, FundingHub Business Finance Marketplace, is looking for a Credit Analyst.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to manage and understand people well. Understanding the value of every customer, you treat all leads and applications with equal commitment to set up for success the relationship between FundingHub and the customer. You are process-orientated, able to pull together some simple monthly reports, and can spot opportunities to improve on inefficiencies.
- Answering the phone for incoming queries.
- Making outbound calls to prospective clients, as well as ongoing clients. These will mostly take the format of “Just checking in on your application. Noticed you have outstanding docs, can we help?”
- Understanding all of our lender-partner’s core products and being able to articulate them to potential clients.
- Processing of applicants through a CRM (Updating information, updating statuses, sending emails etc.)
- Monthly reporting on applications.
- Monthly invoice requests.
- Processing monthly reporting from lenders and reporting to affiliates.
- Chatbot management to service customer queries.
These will need to be demonstrated in an interview process.
- An ability to communicate well with people, and provide a great customer experience.
- A drive for excellence. Our team doesn’t put out sub-par work.
- Ability to work in a team, and independently. Your role requires both.
- Some super basic Excel skills.
- An ability to handle multiple queries at the same time and work under pressure.
- You are humble, kind, open to feedback, and always looking to learn.
- Some sales/customer service experience.
- A knowledge of, or background in small business.
- Some experience dealing with data.
- Working with Hubspot
As a business analyst, you are the first touch-point for any customers interacting with our business finance marketplace, FundingHub. That means that you’re at the coal-face in terms of hearing about customers’ problems and experiences.
At Finch-Technologies we use a problem-first approach to product design and development. If you find a particular skill or area where you are passionate and there is a problem that needs to be solved, we always encourage internal development before looking externally.
Your growth is open cards. If you are adding value to the company, we want you to stay and will work with you to find your dream role within the group.
Not for you? How about something else?
Culture and not the type that comes in your kombucha.
Working with balance
We work hard, but value life outside the office too. Get your work done, have a good time while doing. Balance is key
Working Hours and Place
There are no ‘fixed’ work hours, but a certain level of output is expected. We believe in being in the office for collaborative work, but team members can hunker down at home or a coffee shop for focus.
We believe in facilitating internal growth before looking to hire externally. If we’re doing this correctly, you should be interviewing for your junior within a year or two.
As a small team, you often have a finger in a few different pies. That means everyone is aware what everyone else is working on. We have weekly team catch-up’s which keep everyone in the loop
We’re chilled out people. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. On a typical day, there’s music going in the office and we sit around a coffee table that has some surf mags on it and eat lunch.
Getting it done
We pride ourselves on using resources efficiently. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team you will likely be put out of your comfort zone from time to time. You will be given the opportunity to push yourself and to do more.