Part-time/ Full-time Position
Finch Technologies is looking to hire a developing Chief Financial Officer to grow with the business. As Finch Technologies grows, so too does the complexity of the operation. We are looking to find an individual to work with the management team to build a better business.
The Chief Financial Officer role is available on both a full-time and part-time basis. The employee will be required to take over the typical accounting and operational processes of the business. Being a growing company, the Chief Financial Officer will be able to get involved in the business wherever they feel best.
Financial Management and Controls – The CFO will be tasked to take over the current accounting, payments and, payroll responsibilities. The CFO will also be asked to build out additional operational procedures to minimize risk and fraud.
Human Resources – As the business grows, so too does the team. The CFO along with management will be tasked with recruiting and onboarding talent.
- Regulators – Finch Technologies is a regulated entity. The CFO will be tasked to take over and manage the risk procedures and documents, regulatory reporting and, access management.
- Financial modeling – The team will lean on the CFO to support them with financial modeling for decision-making and pricing decisions.
- Budgeting – The CFO along with management will be tasked to set the one-year and three-year budgets as well as tracking against the budgets.
- Reporting – The CFO will be tasked to prepare the monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Corporate Finance -Together with management, the CFO will assist with acquisitions, capital raises and, disposals.
- Qualified CA(SA)
- Must have completed articles at the Big 6 (Deloitte, PWC, KPMG, PKF, Ernst & Young and, Grant Thornton)
- 3+ years post articles experience advantageous
Not for you? How about something else?
Full Stack Developer
Culture and not the type that comes in your kombucha.
Working with balance
We work hard, but value life outside the office too. Get your work done, have a good time while doing. Balance is key
Working Hours and Place
There are no ‘fixed’ work hours, but a certain level of output is expected. We believe in being in the office for collaborative work, but team members can hunker down at home or a coffee shop for focus.
We believe in facilitating internal growth before looking to hire externally. If we’re doing this correctly, you should be interviewing for your junior within a year or two.
As a small team, you often have a finger in a few different pies. That means everyone is aware what everyone else is working on. We have weekly team catch-up’s which keep everyone in the loop
We’re chilled out people. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. On a typical day, there’s music going in the office and we sit around a coffee table that has some surf mags on it and eat lunch.
Just get it done
We pride ourselves on using resources efficiently. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team you will likely be put out of your comfort zone from time to time. You will be given the opportunity to push yourself and to do more.